Off-Shore Production & Project Management Services
Shield360 successfully delivered a fast-turnaround service to help save a UK company who’s overseas supply chain partner went into liquidation – ensuring on time delivery to wearers.
Shield360 offers off-shore production management to support manufacturing of garments which are outside the scope of their client’s own UK manufacturing facilities and are complimentary to the current ranges they offer.
In 2018 the UK company’s preferred off-shore supply source went into liquidation and Shield360 supported a fast turnaround transition to one of their existing supply chain partners. This involved sourcing the correct fabric, sampling the garments, setting up all of the specifications and technical files so that these became the property of the company, rather than being held by off-shore suppliers.
The process ensured greater control and consistency of product for future production and was achieved with little or no impact for the client’s strict roll out date.
Working together to seek mutually beneficial opportunities, Shield360 also use the UK facilities to support other clients’ garment requirements, for example when very short turnaround times or low order quantities mean it is not possible to source off-shore.
Services Provided by Shield360:
- Off-shore supply chain management including technical & quality services
- Ad hoc design & development of workwear & corporate wear
- Added value sustainability & CO2 off-set initiatives
Key Challenges & Successes have included:
- Resourcing existing products in a short time to avoid negative impact for end users
- Updating technical files & specifications to give the company greater control over products and ensure consistency
- Increasing competitiveness through off-shore manufacturing pricing
- Actively seeking mutually beneficial business opportunities
Company General Manager:
“Natalie stepped in when we encountered problems with our overseas manufacturing partner, with orders pending manufacture that were vital to fulfil a roll out, the support and the speedy service provided were paramount in ensuring our continuity of supply to one of our biggest customers. I would not hesitate in recommending Natalie and team.”