Garment Brokering & Supply Chain Management
Design & Development
Our bespoke in-house design and development services include everything you need to create a new product or range of products. All designs are exclusively developed for each client, drawing upon our technical and corporate garment expertise, across a wide range of sectors.
- Own branding & white label production
- Whole range or individual items
- Aligned with industry standards and certification requirements
- Fabrics, trims and component recommendations
- Development of technical specifications
- Robust sample sign off processes
We work with a global network of pre-selected and fully audited supply chain partners – enabling us to offer a wide range of products from technical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to design-led corporate suiting, shirting & knitwear. As we don’t work with any supplier until we have completed our own in-factory audits, you can be assured of the ethical, environmental, safety, and quality credentials of our supply chain.
- Three stage Supplier Selection Process
- Fully audited factories in Sri Lanka, China, South Korea, Latvia and the UK
- Raw materials sourcing for fabrics, reflective tapes & components
- Finished goods factories for PPE, workwear & Corporate Wear
- Annual Factory Audits for ongoing Compliance & Improvements
- Ability to work with clients’ own preferred factories on an exclusive basis
Working closely with the supply chain, we manage the production process from initial samples and creating technical specifications, to overseeing quality in order to deliver our clients’ requirements. We ensure that the supply chain is fully briefed and has the appropriate technical know-how and planning to deliver on time and to the correct quality.
- Creation of technical specifications to retain control of products
- Management of sample approval process
- Regular & detailed communication to ensure projects stay on track
- Production Planning for raw materials and finished goods
- Production quality management
The process of quality control starts during the development phase with robust sample and product approval processes – this means we know exactly what our clients’ requirements are, and can deliver product consistency throughout the period of supply, even when production is dual sourced. We closely control all aspects of quality management from raw materials to in line and end of line production quality control (QC).
- Fabric shipping samples are approved to ensure quality & consistency, before being sent to the garment factory
- Full traceability at batch level for all protective fabrics & tapes
- Three stage sample process & on-going shipping sample approvals ensure consistency
- In line & end of line production QC reporting
- Enhanced in-factory production QC audits for first production, and as required
Our logistics service means we can deliver directly into your warehouse or required delivery location, taking all of the stress out of dealing with freight forwarders and shipping companies. We arrange customs clearance for the UK and EU so all duties and taxes are paid on your behalf as we import the goods. As we can combine production orders and shipments, we can avoid shipping premiums and offer competitive rates through our preferred freight forwarders.
- Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) deliveries into the UK & Europe
- Seamless Door to Door service so you don’t have to worry about logistics
- Advanced planning & coordination between the factories & shipping companies to avoid delays & disruption
- Competitive logistics prices by combining deliveries & avoiding premiums
- Variety of options including sea, air and land freight as well as courier services
Ongoing Support Services
We are uniquely placed to offer a range of on-going support options from bid management & tender writing services to sales team training on new products. Any of our services can be included where we are manufacturing on our clients’ behalf or can be engaged on a separate project basis. Our certification and technical support can be used by distributors or end users to help understand current product performance or requirements, and to identify opportunities for innovation & improvement.
- Wide range of added value support services
- Tender writing & bid management – whether you’re launching a tender or trying to win new business
- Sales & Customer Support Training on new products and standards to ensure your team is giving your clients the best possible experience
- Technical expertise and advice for products & standards
- Product review including compatibility with risk assessments & industry best practice
Off-Shore Production & Project Management Services
Shield360 successfully delivered a fast-turnaround service to help save a UK company who's overseas supply chain partner went into liquidation - ensuring on time delivery to wearers.